Welcome to Nøsen!
Please take a look at our house manual. We hope this house manual will help you make the most of your stay and enjoy at best our beautiful mountain lodge and area!
- All of our rooms are equipped with electrical heaters. If using during your stay, please make sure to turn them off at departure.
Eat and drink
- Breakfast is included in the room rate. (People participating in events and retreats have all meals included. Check the event for more information about this)
- Join us for lunch and dinner (150 NOK per meal / per person). Not joining for breakfast does not entitle guests to a free lunch or dinner. Meals are cooked according to available ingredients and with consideration to the environment. Please inform staff the day before, in case of dietary restrictions.(people participating in events and retreats have all meals are included. Check the event for more information about this)
- All our meals are mostly vegetarian and always cooked from scratch.
- We use fresh vegetables and as little preserved or canned food as possible.
- We kindly ask to clean up after you finished eating by placing the used dishes on the trolley that is located in the dining area.
- We have an awesome selection of coffee and tea in our café! Most of the items are hand picked “gems” from different corners of the world by our barista, who is passionate about his coffee and tea! Enjoy a warm cup of coffee with us in front of the fireplace after dinner! We kindly ask you to write the item and your name on the list by the coffee machine as you get your drink and pay all items at departure.
- If you go for a hike or ski trip, we are more than happy to provide you a lunch box with home made sandwiches and a thermos for hot drinks. The staff will be happy to organize this for you. Please notify the staff about the lunch box on departure, as a fee of 50 NOK per person will be charged.
- If needed, you can wash your clothes in our laundry. Please ask our staff about availing of our laundry service. Laundry is charged at 100NOK.
Some other house rules
- If you need anything from the kitchen or if you need to store your food in our fridge, please ask one of the staff members.
- Personal items like books, clothes, computers, etc., feel better when kept in your private room rather than lying abandoned in the cafe area.
- No shoes allowed indoors. Make sure you bring some slippers, for indoor use, while at Nøsen.
- Let us know if there is anything you need or if there is anything we can do to make your stay even more pleasant!
We depend on your honesty to accomplish our vision, which is to offer people the opportunity to experience the unexplainable essence of being, in the beautiful landscape of Nøsen and the Valdres region. Please let us know if you have used any of the services provided that require payment at departure. In case of doubt, please ask.
We want to improve …!
Feedback on anything that we can or could do better is very much appreciated ☺